The implementation of SDC is based on two key principles:
- An implemented solution must increase efficiency, be expressed in figures and be clear even for a non-expert in the subject area.
- The implementation must not affect users, i.e. should have no negative impact both on the system operation, and on users work with system.
In this regard, the effect to the specific IS from this technology should be clear before making decision on implementation. Any system load is unique to some extent and is characterized by the number of DBs (one or several) linked to the DB server; load balancing for queries to read and to modify data, etc.
The effect is computed PRIOR to implementation into the productive system
Prior to the implementation into the productive IS, the experts of Softpoint Cluster Technology can make a survey and prepare a highly accurate evaluation on the effect from utilization of SDC technology. This work is carried out remotely, via a packaged software, with no impact on production environment and with minimal efforts from customer representatives. Ultimately, it allows to:
- determine the effect prior to implementation of the SDC solution into the productive system thus enabling the IT service to obtain the expected result;
- make an informed decision on the acquisition and implementation of the SDC solution, and in some cases to calculate ROI, which is vital for business.
Basically, this work is free of charge.
How the effect is computed PRIOR to implementation
The analysis goes in three steps:
- installation of the Softpoint Data Cluster Analyzer and collection of data from the productive system;
- analysis and interpretation of statistics;
- evaluation of effect from SDC solution in the productive system.
Finally, a report is prepared with validated evaluation of effect to the productive system from SDC, and for IT personnel — with a detailed statistics.
Implementation into the productive system
Since SDC solution adapts to any MSSQL based application with no changes to the app code, the test loading contains the major scope of implementation work. These works are based on the proven roadmaps and are completed jointly with the customer representatives mostly for the purpose of sharing experience and competences to further maintain the implemented solution.